Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Deja vu all over again

I hadn't planned on shooting at that same spot on Medicine Lake on my recent trip there. (See my earlier blog post titled "Deja Vu?") The sun comes up in the wrong place at this time of year for sunrise work. (People who don't live this far north might not realize that there is about a 90° variation in the position the sun rises at the two solstices--pretty close to NE in summer and SE in winter. The sun only really rises in the east near the equinoxes in March and September.)

But despite the mid-afternoon light, I decided to stop and shoot anyway. This is what I got. Click on the image to see a larger version.

Canon 5DMkII, 17-40L, HDR

I think the HDR really worked well in taming the harsh afternoon light and giving me something worth posting. But really it's the sky that makes this stand out (I think).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home